Geovision 8.3 (GV-1480) Connect to server on multiview

Questions regarding the latest GeoVision release

Moderator: ezcctv

Geovision 8.3 (GV-1480) Connect to server on multiview

Postby desrod77 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 pm

I have upgraded an earlier version of geovision sw to the latest v8.3. I have registered a DDNS entry & can connect remotely & enter username / password successsfully. Multiviewer then sits for ages saying "connect to server", then this changes to "stop". I have installed the latest viewer of multiview (after uninstallting previous version) & exactly the same problem is occuring. I have also tried disabling AV & windows firewall & still same problem. I have connected my laptop to the LAN & multiview works perfectly. Whilst typing this I have attempted to connect again, clicked back into multiview & some screens said "stop", others said "connect to server" & one said "password error... cant login"

If anyone can help me at all it would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Des
desrod77
Beginner

Re: Geovision 8.3 (GV-1480) Connect to server on multiview

Postby ezcctv » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:39 am

Firstly, if you didn't, please try upgrading again following our upgrade guide:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2153

Ensure you have the same version multiview as main system (e.g V8.3 + V8.3)

To make sure you have removed the old version of multiview, ensure you delete and V7 or V8 folders from
C:\Windows
C:\Program Files

If you still have problems, you can follow these steps to completely remove all traces of DMMultiView.

Navigate to my computer and then on to C:\program files

Delete all multiview folders, for Example C:\program files\DMMultiview older versions may appear as version number for example

C:\Program Files\V8120

Navigate to C:\windows and delete the version number folders for example C:\windows\v8200

Navigate to C:\windows\system32 and delete the version mnumber folders for example C:\windows\system32\v8200

Select start - run.

Type ‘Regedit’ into box and press OK

Navigate to Hkey Current User - Software - Geovision

Right click MultiView, select Delete - click OK when prompted

Navigate to HKEY Local Machine - Software - Geovision

Right click MultiView and select Delete click OK when prompted

Close the registry editor and reboot your system

Re-install MultiView
ezcctv
Site Admin

Postby desrod77 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi,

Many Thanks for your swift reply.

I have followed the procedures you listed (backed up SW, uninstalled, rebooted, deleted folders, reboot, removed & installed driver, installed geovision, rebooted, restored backup) & all went well. The driver install upgraded the firmware on the card & the GV SW restored the backup. Now when I connect, I get two cameras to view, then four. The others say connect to server & then change to "stop" then say "password error... login failed!!".

The Geovision server is on a network with a 1mb line (I've only just noticed this). I have contacted the provider & upgraded the service to 8mb (which i should get as its less than 1km to the exchange, this will be enable din the next few days.. Do you think the slow connection may be causing the problem ?

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Many Thanks

Des
desrod77
Beginner

Postby ezcctv » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:12 am

It's possible to get the messages you were seeing if the bandwidth is not there as the connection can time out.

You could try using Internet Explorer and connecting to the system.
Viewing one camera at a time will be less bandwidth intensive and you can at least verify if you can see all the cameras ok.
ezcctv
Site Admin

Return to GeoVision Software Related V8.5-V8.2